Thursday, February 16, 2012

OfficeMax MaxPerks Rewards are a Scam

Free Batteries!
That was pretty much the ploy grabbing our attention and getting us to sign up for the OfficeMax rewards system. The deal was buy Duracell batteries, get the same amount back on your MaxPerks account. (Limit 2, you won't get the rewards until the end of the next month. You must signup for the account online. The store can't check your balance or use it, you have to print out a certificate and bring it in.)


Did you catch that? (Limit 2, you won't get the rewards until the end of the next month. You must signup for the account online. The store can't check your balance or use it, you have to print out a certificate and bring it in.)
I didn't and I don't think it was even attempted to be communicated in the store. So after spending $60 on batteries I tried to check the balance in the store, no luck. I checked the account online, no information about our balance. So I called and that's how I found out it couldn't be used until the end of the next month. So, the next month we go and spend time looking at computer chairs and finally pick one. Call to check why the balance was lower and then found out it was limit 2. Ok, fine. We go to checkout and lo and behold we had to print out the balance. So, we went to Walmart and got a chair that was better for less than we would have spend out of pocket with the certificate.

I'm still waiting to use our certificate then I can't imagine anything I'd need at OfficeMax that I couldn't find cheaper at Walmart or online. Oh, and don't refill your ink at Office Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment